Regional Management OÖ GmbH (RMOÖ) is the regional development agency of the Federal State of Upper Austria. As the Upper Austrian Competence Centre for regional development, it is a point of contact for communities, associations, institutions and regional players who want to realise initiatives for the development of their region. The task of RMOÖ is to assist, accompany and advise them. The employees of RMOÖ inform the target groups of national and European funding programmes.
Through its activities, RMOÖ strives towards the positive development of the industrial and living environment of Upper Austria and the sustainable enhancement of quality of life in cooperation with proven partners – this should be attained by a dynamic, ecologically compatible economy, social equilibrium and intellectual and cultural entrenchment.
The Regional Management OÖ GmbH therefore pursues the following objectives:
- promotion of regional development
- safeguarding and further development of the economic and social structures
- promotion of the labour market
- management of regional development
- promotion of transregional and cross-border cooperation
- promotion of identification and participation of inhabitants in the shaping of their living environment
The services of the RMOÖ:
- Assistance in the preparation and development of projects
- Impetus for innovative projects
- Initiation of regional projects and cooperations
- Moderation of task forces and project groups
- Development of project concepts and regional strategies
- Assistance with applications and project submissions
- Assistance in project implementation
- Project- and process management
- Project-related public relations work
- Supervision and accompaniment of regional processes
- Acceleration of networks and cooperations
- Implementation of regional projects
- Assistance in project invoicing
- Evaluation and quality assurance
- Interface for network partners and funding agencies
The following regional associations are organised in the RMOÖ:
- Linz/rural Linz Regional Forum (Rural Linz and City of Linz district)
- Inn-Salzach Euregio/Regionalmanagement Innviertel-Hausruck (Ried, Braunau, Schärding and Grieskirchen districts)
- Association for Regional Development in the Districts of Vöcklabruck and Gmunden
- EUREGIO Bavarian Forest – Bohemian Forest / Mühlviertel (Rohrbach, Freistadt and Perg districts and Urfahr and surrounding area)
- Steyr-Kirchdorf Regional Forum (Districts of rural Steyr, town of Steyr and Kirchdorf)
- Wels-Eferding Regional Forum (Districts of rural Wels, town of Wels and Eferding districts)
The shareholder structure of RMOÖ:
- OÖ innovation holding (main shareholder)
- Six regional associations
- Upper Austrian Chamber of Labour
- Upper Austrian Economic Chamber
- Upper Austrian Chamber of Agriculture
Regionalmanagement OÖ GmbH is represented at six regional branch offices in Upper Austria. The regional managers are currently employed in the following subject areas in the branch offices:
- Economy, labour and qualification
The labour market and workforce are important factors for regional development and economic power and sustainable quality of life are dependent on these. The joint work at community, district and federal state level is important for successful development, RMOÖ acts as an interface here.
- Municipal and rural and urban development (DOSTE)
A challenge affecting an increasing number of communities is the revival of village and town centres. RMOÖ accompanies the communities in rural/urban development processes and project implementation.
- Development of border areas and regional cooperation in Europe
Cross-border cooperation with the neighbouring regions of Bavaria and South Bohemia, Lower Austria, Salzburg and Styria plays an important role in regional development, as the Danube-Vltava European regional project also shows.
- Sustainability and environment
Sustainable development of communities by citizen involvement and the careful handling of resources will ensure a high quality of life for future generations too.